Monday, October 27, 2008

about the ad..and lot more

Thanks Ranga...for the feedback..
actually... you are right... the colour was a lot more faded in print than we thought it wud be...
The print of newspaper caters to different colour schemes and not to what we do ..
we tried to bring about NAOD's textures in that ad... and experimented with the ad design..
after all I do have an 'advertising' background that makes my ads look very 'product' based..
NOW ITS TIME FOR CINEMA ADS...
M too fussy about the design and texture and all that...now its time to relax and make it more grand... step by step...colour too will increase....
ha ha...u must think u r speaking to a maverick..!!

Actually we were supposed to put something else there...but this ad was a last minute thingy...but i liked the spunk...we are trying to portray the various shades of the movie through it all...
And hey..today....I had the first audience to my movie...in the studio... my friend who is a journo...thankfully... I passed...
Just sharing the excitement..
love
aravind

9 comments:

Ranga said...

Thanks arvind for considering my views on the AD... Please tolerate such things from my side in the future too... You can harmlessly ignore it whenever you find it not suitable...

But, the last few lines of your post made me too excited like anything.....

"And hey..today....I had the first audience to my movie...in the studio... my friend who is a journo...thankfully... I passed...
Just sharing the excitement..
love"....

This is what I am more interested about... how the neutral audience (people outside the film crew not having a clue about the movie) feel about the movie.... Since you have said you have passed the test.... my curiosity about the movie has touched it's peak....

I will not ask you what exactly that gentleman told you about the movie... But, could you tell me what did he like tge most about NAOD??.... I know it might be embarassing for you to say the praising words said by someone about the movie before actually it got released... But, sometimes, it becomes too curious to control....

Also, hope the gentleman who has given you the feedback is a tough guy who gives unbiased opinion even at the cost of being harsh!!!!...

Shyam Attiganal said...

wow cool. Hoping that this replicates across ur future audience.

Shyam Attiganal said...

Where was this ad published? searched all online papers (VK, Prajavani, Kanndaprabha, TOI) without any success :(

If possible can you put ads here as you guys go on releasing it?

aravind kaushik said...

the person to whom I showed the film is not a regular kannada film watcher but is very critical about films... She watched the whole film and gave me positive feedback...

Ranga said...

That's a fantastic news arvind!!!..... Now we can sit back, relax & enjoy NAOD unfolding with it's publicity...!!!! ..

Sometimes, with an element of doubt at the back of our minds, our joy or confidence will always be somewhat shallow.... That little doubt keeps poping up every now & then... you feel a little jittery about the final outcome.... This is very much pronounced in the case of creative field like cinema making...


But, when you have the positive feedback from neutral audience, it frees up the element of doubt and doubles up our confidence..!!!!

Great news... looking forward to the audio release and movie release with bated breath...!!!!

Ranga said...

ShyaamaNNa, I will try to put the scanned AD of NAOD which was published in Kannada Prabha yesterday....

You can't get it online since it will be published in the film supplement, which is not a part of online publication....

Shyam Attiganal said...

thanx in advance ranganna. U can put it on gg if it's easier for u there. I m a daily visitor of gg too and I m following naod thread there. :)

Ranga said...

Oh that's great ShyamaNNa.. KlmCrazy ... right ;-) .... I shall update it in gg's noad thread...

Shyam Attiganal said...

sorry didn't get u. Anyways let's take it offline. Have added u to gtalk :)