Saturday, November 1, 2008

an audio summary!

Now dat the film's songs are slowly breaking thru ...
here is a summary of what one can expect from the audio of NAM AREA..
For starters..there is no SONU NIGAM in our album...
But we have good songs...a 'variety' as they say

The album kicks off on a slightly experimental note with the kanyamani song... a fusion of old style melody over a hip hop rythm... with a lot of innovative mixing ...watch out for the 'pan' in the song...between speakers there is some zip.... this was the last song composed for the film.
Lyric : Aravind Kaushik..
singers: mukesh, ramadevi, vijay, divya
Wrote it on a lazy sunday morning when I had nothing else to do.....

Moving on....
In terms of sound and 'work' on the song...to me the best output ...One of arjun's so many 'best's

Manmathana... here again..we tried to do something off beat...a little...
The song is a heroing pov song a melody ... but we spread that lyric on a techno dj beat... so that we could make the song faster and in style wid the film.. I cannot imagine my film carrying a slow heroine number....! The point is ...both Kanyamani and Manmathana were terribly dificult for me to visualise and shoot because there were so many elements to shoot... but that was the fun..and today when i watch the final output i'm like...'ok...neat job'..
lyric: yours truly..
singers: priya prakash
Meghana could not believe i wrote the lyric . ..primarily because I dont come across as a sensitive guy... but hey.., I am one.

Moving on.....
Nenape... one of the most soulful numbers i have heard from ARjun... one of the main reasons for me to make this film... this song is so haunting .....Karthick sings this like GOD!
Extraordinary lyric by K.KALYAN...
singer: Karthik
WATCH OUT FOR THE FLUTE IN THE SONG. ARJUN...HATS OFF!

Next comes...
our own overdrive rock song called jamaise...
great ...raw rock song..with lotsa attitude both in the arrangement and shoot style...
ranjit rocks with chytra in this song...
lyric: aravind , manju bagade
For rock' and pep lovers...

Next is...
kaapaadiko..
wont say much abt this song. A really special song.... symphony ..arjun style..
I can almost cry when I listen to it.. for pure music lovers ..a treat..!
Lyric: aravind kaushik, manjubagade

And then....
the tappang beauty to which anish dances like extra cool!
The rythm...hemant's voice.... anish's dance...ashok cashyap's cinematography
thanks guys

And then there are the two theme bits at start and end of the album...
rumda rumda and 'bekabitti jeevna'...

that's NAOD AUDIO for u.
ONLY FACTS...NO ADVERTISEMENT THIS..

5 comments:

Ranga said...

Wow.. fantastic...

I have never seen a director apart from YOGRAJ BHAT who can speak so much in detail about the songs of his movie!!!...

Great to know that K.KALYAN is writing a song for you... This soft spoken gentleman maverick was somehow lost in the last year or so... I was really missing his lyrics... May be his style of lyrics was more like JAYANTH KAIKINI... So, with JAYANTH MANIA going on, KALYAN somehow got lost... Hope he is back to his best with NAOD... Some of the songs of GANGA KAVERI points to the huge talent of this man...

I heard TALENOVU song one time on RADIO CITY... Felt really good at first listening.. But, I reserve my opinions since for to assess the song's effectiveness I need to listen to it at least 4-5 times..

Also, I want to listen to the songs with your lyrics much more in detail :-) ...

Ranga said...

Finally listened to THALE NOVU again on RADIOCITY... Recorded in my mp3 player also... Yes, finally this song I have to started to like.. TYPICAL ARJUN TAPANGUCHI... HE IS SURELY GOING TO BE THE TAPANGUCHI KING OF SANDALWOOD IF GOES AT THIS RATE.. Usage of 'Thale novu' in the chorus is too good... Very peppy number... Well sung by HEMANTH... Finally, this is one song in which HEMANTH's voice perfectly suits the song and does not irritate...

love u kaathri aag hodre..
alge kathri bidd hodre... thale novu...

I listened to 'KANYAAMANI' song also.. But, to tell you frankly, I did not like the song one bit... Though it sounds a bit different, somehow I did not like the song... Probably, the first song of ARJUN which did not impress me... The comical touch in the song is good.. but, the tune did not sound great...

More views as I listen more to the songs...

Ranga said...

Hi Arvind,

I am listening to KanyaamaNi more and more on Radiocity... Why isn't MANMANTHANA is being played?...

Please do not mistake me... I am giving you my honest opinion.. As I always say please ignore it if found not suitable (or irritating)... Playing 'KanyaamaNi' more is harmful to the movie itself.. I feel you should play the trumpacard song of your movie more and it should become more popular... I feel MANMATHANA is the trumpcard of NAOD... that should be played non stop along with tapang best 'TALE NOVU'... No need to popularise all the songs... To create an identity for the movie, two songs are more than sufficient... Once these songs become very popular, then slowly other songs might be put on air...

And, coming to the lyrics part of it.. KanyaamaNi lyrics really did not appeal me... I would have expected much more on the lyrics count..

TALE NOVU song is moving higher up in my playlist :-)...

Unknown said...

Hi Arvind,

I've not yet listened to any of NAOD songs. But i'm desperate to hear......

Especially those written by u......curious & exited to listen to ur songs.....

Ranga said...

Oh my god.. you have to step in now... I am listening to KanyaamaNi song since yesterday multiple times on Radiocity...

It might hurt you since you are the lyricist... this song will not help in any in popularising NAOD... Even after listening to it so many times, my view is A BAD SONG .. both tune wise & lyric wise.. I admire the innovativeness in mixing old melody with modern rock... but the song does not have a flow or rhythm... it starts and stops and never has a smooth going... the singers add more to the trouble...

V.Manohar had made such an experiment in a superb way in the movie 'RANGENA HALLIYAAGE RANGAADA RANGE GOWDA' starring Ambarish and Ramesh... The song in that movie 'hOguve Ethake ramaNi.. lajjeya thaaLenu ramaNa..' picturised on Ramesh and Bhavya Shri Rai had the same concept of mixing old melody with modern rock... Please listen to that song... It has such a grace, soothing tune and fantastic singing ... I would have expected something on those lines... But, kanyaamaNi fails...

BUT, AS I SAID EARLIER, THALE NOVU SONG IS SUPERB... THIS SONG HAS TO BE USED MORE AND MORE ON RADIO TO CREATE AN IDENTITY FOR NAOD... TAPANGUCHI SONGS REACH EASILY TO THE AUDIENCE...

Also, why are they not telecasting other songs????... This is frustrating... I would buy an audio CD paying double the amount than waiting till eternity for the songs to play on radio, that too when I know that best songs are yet to be played...