Saturday, August 16, 2008

NEWCOMERSAAAAAA?



A STILL FROM THE MANMATHANA SONG...
HERO? they ask me. I say 'ANISH'.
HEROINE? they ask me. I say 'MEGHANA GAONKAR'.
Oh! newcomersaaaaa! They exclaim.
NEWCOMERS MAY COME AND NEWCOMERS MAY GO ...BUT NEWCOMERS STAY ON FOREVER..! When I watched Dr. Rajkumar on the big screen as a kid..he was the hero . PERIOD. I didnt know or care if he was a newcomer or an actor with xyz years of experience! Its simple . Once you are up there on the big screen ...its for the audience to decide if they look at you as the HERO or not! This was the logic ..simple but effective ... that worked for me when i was casting for nam arealondina. Both Anish and Meghana are spontaneous and there is the 'ease' factor to their work. It is important for an actor to realise the boundaries of the character's behaviour etc and arrogantly stride along the boundaries through out playing their parts.
I was actually amazed by the fact that both Meghana and Anish , so clearly understood what i told them in mumbles and mutters and did exactly what i thought they should do. DUDE ITS SIMPLE ...was their idea of acting...
NEWCOMERSAAAAAAAAAAAA? ANYTIME!

No comments: