Tuesday, September 23, 2008

song editing and attitude!

I think Indian filmmakers are very lucky... they have the option of shooting songs for their movies! Songs and the way they are shot, I feel should reflect the attitude of the filmmaker apart carrying the feel and so on of the movie. Great example in this case was Mungaru male ....its songs were a neat mixture of the emotional quotient of the movie as well as reflected the attitude of the person making the film.... there was emphasis on attitude in that movie.
Another song i loved was from the film 'GELEYA' ..ee sanjeyaakaagide...!That song too reflected the attitude of the filmmaker and his technical skills.

My all time fav filmmaker with respect to songs would be telugu filmmaker krishnavamsi...
whatever song it might be... the peculiar way he cuts the song...leaves me amazed. I am like...wow! what arrogance...what fun!!
Now...with NAM , I have the golden opportunity to edit my songs in my style...apart from scenic beauty and dance and everything...I have played around creating a style around all the songs of the film.... cutting it in a style that might not be liked by conventional filmmakers. I also dont believe in the word 'MTV editing' as some people call it...!
Concept editing in songs is a new style that I have worked on. CONCEPT EDITING is something I have coined for my advantage though. Concept editing according to me is not editing the song according to a traditional pattern but to edit it to reflect the song emotion along with creating a style around the film...
WATCH OUT FOR THE PECULIARLY EDITED NAOD SONGS....M SURE PEOPLE WILL LIKE THEM...ATLEAS HOPING PEOPLE WILL LIKE THEM.
Back to editing now!!

5 comments:

Shyam Attiganal said...

"CONCEPT EDITING" wow... sounds exciting... how much % of this thinking goes in while filming a song? I mean does it have to be completely thought before filming or most of it shapes up on editing table?

Most of the times songs look like being forced in... they seem like branched out and not with main flow. But songs in Life In a Metro were so much part of the movie... looked really nice and flowing..

Now tht u have made this waiting feel so much more longer ;) pls upload some bits of the edited songs :) can't wait till the trailers :)

Anamika said...

Please upload some more trailers of this movie. Eagerly waiting !!!!

aravind kaushik said...

shyaam....just a couple more days i guess for another trailer....edited bits of the songs wil have to wait for a lil....because lots of efx work is to happen there..!
nyways...like i said abt concept editing... we have to plan the script before shoot itself....!lots of improvisation happens on set but the style and content have to be very clear...atleast that is how I work..

Rakshit said...

I am one of those lucky ones who got to watch the edited version of the song already n believe me, it is first of its kind in Kannada Films. Eagerly looking fw to watch the film on the big screen Arvind........... :)

savitha said...

Great going, St. Aravind?!!